Ecanvasser Map & Shapefiles - feature release
Shapefiles are a staple of political operations for helping to visualise areas broken down by demographic information. Ecanvasser now allows you to visualize your own shapefile data overlaid over your existing Ecanvasser turfs.
Why would you use shapefiles to interact with your Ecanvasser campaign in this way?
- Display political boundaries on your map as a reference
- Use as a template for cutting your turf
- Overlay our map with additional data (think previous election results, or maybe target areas)
In the example below, we've colour coded different political units within the city based on what priority they are for our campaign to engage with:
How to set-up and upload
Files must be:
- Either KML or KMZ format
- Contain a maximum of 1,000 polygons
- A maximum file size of 10MB
- Be styled prior to import (we recommend transparency of about 66%)
When styling your file, you'll want to consider what the purpose of the file is. For example, most of the time, it's likely that the uploaded file is intended to compliment or augment the data already within Ecanvasser, so you'll want to choose a scheme that makes it visible and accessible, but not too overbearing.
- High transparency
- Strong border
- Pale colour palette
How to upload your shapefile
- Navigate to the Map page
- Click your Map View Options
- Select to Upload KML
- Select which, if any KML you wish to display on screen
Running A Campaign This Year?