For local councils and councillors the General Data Protection Legislation (GDPR) presents significant challenges in handling constituents data and obtaining consent. Even though councillors may be allowed to process a constituent's personal data for the purposes of fulfilling a request on their behalf, that councillor is still a data controller and bound by the obligations of the legislation to manage that data securely bearing in mind the 6 pillars of the GDPR, and delete it as and when necessary.
Ecanvasser is a secure solution designed specifically for local politicians and government to do just that.
Some key benefits:
- Secure, encrypted database manager for councillors
- Ability to capture e-signature consent from constituents in person on a mobile device
- Ability for the council to have access to councillors consent in order to process constituent requests quickly
- Ability to canvass constituents anonymously if necessary
- Ability to canvass constituents using a consent based database on the door stop
- Ability to take constituent issues and bring them to a conclusion using this unique casework manager
- Ability to send consent approved emails to individuals or groups of constituents as necessary to resolve issues or keep people informed
Containing a Privacy dashboard, Permission level access, Anonymous canvassing, E-Signature and a fully encrypted server solution based in the EU, Ecanvasser is the only way to continue the great work of councils and councillors while addressing the obligations of GDPR.
Listening to our current users, we are aware that there can be an internal struggle of team management when it comes to organizing quickly. To get people out on doors, the back and forth over Whatsapp, Messenger, and (insert other apps here) can be endless. We aim to streamline this process for you with Ecanvasser. Now organizers can commit via the Walk app (their canvassing app!) and get notified in the run-up to the event so that they don’t forget. By building it into the door knocking process life has gotten a lot easier for campaign managers.