For local councils and councillors the General Data Protection Legislation (GDPR) presents significant challenges in handling constituents data and obtaining consent. Even though councillors may be allowed to process a constituent's personal data for the purposes of fulfilling a request on their behalf, that councillor is still a data controller and bound by the obligations of the legislation to manage that data securely bearing in mind the 6 pillars of the GDPR, and delete it as and when necessary.
Ecanvasser is a secure solution designed specifically for local politicians and government to do just that.
Some key benefits:
- Secure, encrypted database manager for councillors
- Ability to capture e-signature consent from constituents in person on a mobile device
- Ability for the council to have access to councillors consent in order to process constituent requests quickly
- Ability to canvass constituents anonymously if necessary
- Ability to canvass constituents using a consent based database on the door stop
- Ability to take constituent issues and bring them to a conclusion using this unique casework manager
- Ability to send consent approved emails to individuals or groups of constituents as necessary to resolve issues or keep people informed
Containing a Privacy dashboard, Permission level access, Anonymous canvassing, E-Signature and a fully encrypted server solution based in the EU, Ecanvasser is the only way to continue the great work of councils and councillors while addressing the obligations of GDPR.